Earl Unger is one of the four villains of Home Alone 3 and the quaternary antagonist of the film.
Home Alone 3Edit
He, along with Peter Beaupre , Burton Jernigan and Alice Ribbons, is one of the four internationally wanted criminals who have stolen a valuable missile cloaking computer chip for a North Korean terrorist group.
Unger is tall, has a stubble, long hair, and dresses as an old man for his disguise during most of the movie. During the final battle, he wears a gray-and-white camouflage suit. He gets electrocuted, a trunk of books and a set of weights fall onto his head along with Peter, then he gets hit by Plaster of Paris, then hit in the head by a window, then gets his feet caught in two pullable Mega Bloks canisters filled with glue, then gets his fingers stuck in a mouse trap, accidentally shoots a sewage pipe and, finally, crashes into a frozen swimming pool. He is later found by police (along with Jernigan) and arrested. He is shown to have contracted Alex Pruitt's chicken pox in his mugshot.
- "Books. Plural a trunk, full of books. Then a set of weights. We got hit twice, you dumb broad!"
- "I said, I'm heading to Wuh-ah-ah-ah...[Jernigan runs over Unger while driving] ...Stop, you nitwit!"
- "Well then it's settled! Tomorrow, whack every kid in the neighborhood!"
- "In the winter? I packed tropical."
- "I'm coming for you, shorty, to pay you back for all the misery you caused me."
- "I saw this door close! What, would I make it up? What, are we working on commission here?"
- After the movie was finished filming, David Thornton got a very short haircut. This was why his character appeared in the picture of the back of the movie box with short hair.
- David Thornton is married to singer Cyndi Lauper.
- Unger is the only villain in Home Alone 3 with a sense of humor.
- Unger is also the only one of the four to actually smile during his mugshot.
- Though all four villains could be hostile to each other, Unger would get especially aggressive when approached in a negative light, as shown as when he referred to Alice as a "dumb broad".
- His personality resembles that of Marv Merchants.
- According to his FBI file, he is a smoker, drinker, is 6'0" tall, 175 pounds and has brown eyes. Nothing else is known.